1. In large baking dish, mix potatoes, sour cream, potato soup and 2 cups of the cheese.
2. Put meatballs on top. Seal baking dish with tin foil.
3. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Remove tin foil and bake another 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown around the edges.
This simple recipe is a go-to for a big family with kids. There's just no way to lose with this recipe! Even the pickiest eaters can't find fault with this dish.
If you don't have potato soup in the house, you can substitute with any 'cream of' soup you have. If you really want to cheese it up a bit, go ahead and add creamy cheddar soup. Anything goes with this dish! Enjoy!