* 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 1 (11 oz) can cream of chicken soup
* 1 (11 oz) can golden mushroom soup
* 1 (11 oz) can cream of Cheddar cheese soup
* 1 (8 oz) carton of sour cream
* optional: serve over hot, cooked egg noodles.
1. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Put the seasoned chicken breasts into the crock pot.
3. Combine all three soups in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the combined soups over the chicken.
5. Cook covered on low for 7 hours.
6. Add the sour cream and stir until blended in well.
7. Continue cooking on low, covered for another 10 minutes.
8. Serve over hot, cooked noodles if you'd like.
This recipe is one that I keep tacked to the refrigerator. That way, when I ask my husband to put together a meal in the crock pot in the morning, he doesn't panic. All the ingredients are in the kitchen, he just needs to get out a can opener, two measuring spoons, a mixing bowl, and the crock pot. It doesn't get much simpler, and the results are very tasty, indeed. It's also a kid-friendly meal.