All the Fixing’s Hearty Breakfast
* 3 C French bread, cubed
* 1 C reduced fat ham, diced
* Non-fat cooking spray
* Egg Beater equal to 1 egg, beaten lightly
* 1 1/3 C of fat-free milk
* 1/2 tsp dry mustard
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp onion powder
* 1/4 tsp paprika
* 1/8 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 C red bell pepper, chopped
* 1/2 C fat-free cheese, grated
1. Spray the cooking spray on bottom and sides of a medium size baking dish.
2. Layer the bread into bottom of baking dish.
3. Spread bell pepper, ham and cheese evenly over top of bread.
4. In a mixing bowl mix egg, milk, black pepper, garlic powder and black pepper until combined.
5. Pour mixture over the top of bread mixture.
6. Shake paprika over top being sure to cover completely.
7. Cover and place in refrigerator at least 3 hours or over night.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until brown on top and cooked through.
You can tweak this recipe a bit if you like, but there's not much more you'll have to add! This breakfast casserole has it all... veggies, meat, cheese, and of course, egg. I like the convenience of making this up the night before when we have household guests staying with us. That way we can just stumble out of bed and pop it in the oven no matter how sleepy we are.