Almond Crunch Mini Muffins
* 2/3 C all purpose flour
* 2/3 C whole wheat flour
* 1/4 C almonds, chopped and toasted
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/8 tsp baking soda
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/8 tsp nutmeg
* 1 egg
* 1/3 C skim milk
* 3 TBSP canola oil
* 3 TBSP brown sugar, firmly packed
1. Heat the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare a mini muffin tin by spraying the cups with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Sift together the all purpose flour and the wheat flour in a large bowl.
4. Sprinkle in the almonds and mix together.
5. Add the baking soda, salt and nutmeg and mix together well to incorporate all the ingredients.
6. Place both types of flour into a large mixing bowl.
7. In a separate bowl, place the egg and beat slightly with a fork.
8. Pour in the milk and whisk together.
9. Add the canola oil and continue whisking until blended together well.
10. Add the brown sugar and mix until the sugar is completely dissolved.
11. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until completely moist.
12. Fill each mini muffin cup 2/3 full of the batter.
13. Bake 7-8 minutes or until a golden brown on top.
The crunch of the toasted almonds, combined with the brown sugar and nutmeg sweetness make this muffin a favorite snack for all ages. Even if your kids say they don't like nuts, they will be asking for a few more of these muffins to take along with them to share with their friends.