1. Preset the oven temperature to 400 degrees allowing the oven to preheat.
2. Mix the flour and shortening together with a pastry blender until the mixture becomes coarse.
3. Add the baking powder, egg powder and salt and mix until blended in well.
4. Whisk the sweetener or sugar, heavy cream and milk together in a separate bowl.
5. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and blend until a soft dough forms.
6. Cover the dough with a sheet of foil and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
7. Now, drop the dough by a tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 8 minutes or until a light golden brown.
If you're new to almond flour, it's actually just almonds put through a blender or food processor to form a meal, similar to corn meal. Many people use almond flour as a substitute for wheat flour in some recipes. If you're making drop cookies, muffins, or quick breads, anything that doesn't "rise" or has to form a dough to knead, you can usually replace the wheat flour with almond flour.