1. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees and grease a 1 quart casserole dish.
2. Place the pears into the dish and sprinkle in the lemon juice, tossing to coat.
3. Mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and ginger.
4. Cut in the cold butter with a knife and/or fork until crumbly, then stir in the almonds.
5. Spread this mixture over the top of the pears and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until pears are tender and topping starts to get golden brown.
6. Remove and let stand for 2 to 4 minutes before serving. May be served with ice cream or whipped topping.