Almost Fast Food Burgers for Dinner
*1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
*1/2 tsp ketchup
*1/2 tsp yellow mustard
*1/4 lb lean ground beef
*1 slice American cheese
*1 whole grain or whole-wheat hamburger bun
*1/4 cup chopped romaine lettuce leaves
*1 thin slice red onion
*3 dill pickle rounds
1. Combine mayonnaise ketchup and mustard.
2. Stir until blended and set aside.
3. Shape beef into patties about Ĺ wider than bun.
4. Preheat medium nonstick skillet or grill rack on high heat.
5. Place patty on pan or grill.
6. Cook 1-2 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
7. Donít smash burger with spatula. Your burger won't like that!
8. About 30 seconds before burger is cooked, top with cheese.
9. Place bun halves cut side down on pan or grill.
10. Cook for 30 seconds or until toasted.
11. Place bun bottom on serving plate.
12. Top with patty, lettuce onion and pickles.
13. Spread reserved sauce evenly over inside of bun top.
14. Put sandwich together and serve.
A classic sandwich needs classic ingredients, and a classic look. Your kids will think you went through the drive-thru without them!