Apple Raisin Dessert Casserole
*1 C of water
* 3/4 C dried apples, chopped
* 1 Tbsp butter
* 1/4 C brown sugar, firmly packed
* 3 eggs
* 2 C of milk
* 1/2 C sugar
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 3 C bread, cubed
* 1/3 C raisins
1. Pour the water into a saucepan placed over low heat.
2. Add the apples to the pan.
3. Cover the pan and allow the apples to simmer 7 minutes or until the water as dissipated.
4. Add the butter to the apples and stir until completely melted.
5. Stir in the brown sugar coating the apples well.
6. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
7. Set the oven to 325 degrees and allow it to heat.
8. Butter the bottom only of a casserole dish.
9. Spread the apple mixture evenly into the buttered dish.
10. Place the egg in a small mixing bowl and lightly beat with a fork.
11. Whisk the sugar and vanilla into the egg well.
12. Fold in the bread cubes and raisins until covered well with the egg mixture.
13. Pour the mixture over the top of the apples in the prepared dish.
14. Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Not exactly an Apple Brown Betty or a Cobbler, and not exactly Bread Pudding... whatever it is, it sure is yummy! Get out the whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a little extra treat when this dessert is still warm from the oven.