Applesauce Nut Fudge
*1 C flour
*1/2 tsp baking powder
*1/4 tsp baking soda
*1/4 tsp salt
*1/2 C butter
*2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate.
*1 C sugar
*2/3 C applesauce
*1 tsp vanilla
*1/2 C nuts, chopped
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Place a double boiler pan over medium heat.
3. Add the butter and baking chocolate to the top of the double boiler.
4. Stirring often cook the butter and chocolate until melted and smooth.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and blend in the sugar stirring until dissolved.
6. Fold in the applesauce.
7. Add the eggs one at time and blend well after each one.
8. Stir in the vanilla.
9. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture stirring well.
10. Fold in the nuts.
11. Preheat the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
12. Butter the bottom and sides of a square pan.
13. Spread the chocolate into the pan.
14. Bake 35 minutes.
15. Cool the fudge well before cutting.
The name says it all! Applesauce makes everything it touches moist and yummy and you can't have fudge without nuts, in my book. This is a definite labor of love. Make it for your family when you have a quiet evening to enjoy them, and the fudge!