Apricot Garlic Turkey Burgers
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1/2 C of oats
* 1 lb. ground turkey
* 1/2 C of dried apricots, finely chopped
* 1 large carrot, grated
* 1 egg, slightly beaten
1. Place 1 Tbsp of oil into a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic to onions and cook 2 minutes.
4. Set them aside to cool.
5. Set the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
6. Place the oats into a mixing bowl.
7. Add the turkey, apricots and egg.
8. Stir in the cooked onion and garlic.
9. Add the egg into the bowl.
10. Use your hands mix all the ingredients together and form into patties.
11. Place the remaining oil into the skillet over medium heat.
12. Add the patties to the hot oil and cook 2 minutes per side or until browned.
13. Remove the patties and place them on a cookie sheet.
14. Bake 12 minutes or until completely cooked through.
15. Serve on hearty buns or rolls with your favorite toppings.
Adding a few unusual ingredients to ground turkey burgers boosts the interest and flavor that turkey can sometimes be missing. The apricots add a surprising flavor and the carrots add moisture. The garlic is just a favorite flavor of our family so that's the reason there's a lot of garlic in these burgers! Enjoy!