Bacon & Two Cheese Mashed Potato Bake
*4 C mashed potatoes
*1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
*1/2 C sour cream
*1 C Parmesan cheese, divided
*9 slices of bacon,fried crisp and crumbled
*1/4 C onion, chopped
*1/2 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp pepper
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1/4 C butter, melted
*1 C dry bread crumbs
1. Place the mashed potatoes into a mixing bowl.
2. Dump the cheddar cheese in with the potatoes.
3. Fold in the sour cream.
4. Add 3/4 C of the Parmesan cheese to the mixture.
5. Fold in 3/4 of the bacon and the onion, mix well.
6. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper stirring to combine.
7. Add the garlic and blend all the ingredients together well.
8. Place the oven on 350 degrees.
9. Spray a baking dish with a non stick cooking spray.
10. Spread the potato mixture into the pan evenly.
11. Place the melted butter into a mixing bowl.
12. Sprinkle in the remaining Parmesan cheese.
13. Fold in the remaining bacon.
14. Dump the bread crumbs into the mixture.
15. Stir until the bread crumbs are completely moistened.
16. Spread the topping over the potato mixture being sure to completely cover.
17. Bake 30 minutes or until the topping has browned.
This is not your every day mashed potato dish! Save this one for special nights. It's loaded with all the good stuff, like cheese, bacon, more cheese, sour cream, and lots more bacon. You may just consider this a meal all by itself!