Bacon Crisp Double Meat Loaf
*3 slices white bread
*1/3 C milk
*1 1/2 lb. ground beef
*1/2 lb. ground pork
*1/2 onion, diced fine
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*1 large egg
*1/2 C + 2 TBSP ketchup, divided
*1/2 tsp salt
*4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1. Break the bread into a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour the milk over the bread and stir until the bread is completely moistened.
3. Crumble the beef and pork into the bowl.
4. Place the onion and garlic in with the meat.
5. Break the egg into the mixture.
6. Pour the 1/2 C ketchup over all the ingredients.
7. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper.
8. Set the oven temperature at 400 degrees and allow the oven to heat.
9. Spray a loaf pan with a non stick cooking spray.
10. Using your hands mix the ingredients together well.
11. Form the meat mixture into a loaf.
12. Brush the top of the loaf with the 2 TBSP of ketchup.
13. Sprinkle the bacon over the entire top of the loaf.
14. Bake 55 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
If you've made meatloaf lately and have been disappointed with the results, you may want to give this recipe a try. The pork adds a bit more flavor and juiciness, and using bread instead of bread crumbs changes things up a bit. And, of course, the bacon crumbled on top doesn't hurt! Enjoy!