* 2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
* 1/3 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 lemon, zested and juiced
* 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
* 1 garlic clove, grated
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* dash Tabasco
* salt and pepper to taste
* 3 (6 oz) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup green onions, chopped including tops
* dash red pepper flakes
* 1 tsp jalapenos, minced (optional)
* 1 tsp pimentos, minced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, put cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, Dijon, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together with a hand beater at medium speed until well blended.
3. Gently fold in artichoke hearts, cheeses, green onions, red pepper flakes, and optional jalapenos and pimentos if using.
4. Turn into buttered baking dish and bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on depth of dish. Dip should be bubbling and browning around the edges.
5. Serve warm with tortilla chips, pita chips, bread, crackers, or even vegetables.
If you've tried baked artichoke dips before and found they lacked flavor, this is the recipe you want to try! Be sure to use freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not the stuff in the canister) and the cheesy flavor will come through. This is a dip that doesn't rely on just being creamy - it's spicy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor.