1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Place the unpeeled bananas into a shallow baking dish.
3. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until the skins are dark and the bananas are soft.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
5. When bananas are done baking, remove from oven and taking a knife, split bananas in half lengthwise, removing the peel, and place on serving dish.
6. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and serve warm.
7. Optional: serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Dessert doesn't get any easier than this! Along with the dollop of whipped cream, you might want to drizzle a little warm caramel on top of the whipped cream and add a sprinkling of chopped pecans. You can make this as fancy or as simple as you want.
Kids get a big kick out of this since they rarely see anyone throw bananas in the oven - peels and all! Plus, the bananas look really ugly coming out of the oven and become so beautiful and tasty once they're all "dressed up" with the cinnamon sugar and goodies!