1. Mix together in a large mixing bowl the egg and egg white, milk and vanilla.
2. Spray a baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture.
5. Coat bread well.
6. Put bread on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake 8 minutes or until bread is light brown.
8. Flip and continue to bake 6 minutes or until browned.
9. Place saucepan over medium heat.
10. Mix together in saucepan orange peel, orange juice, honey, cornstarch and cinnamon.
11. Cook about 3 minutes or until syrup thickens to your liking.
12. Be sure to stir syrup while cooking to keep it from sticking.
13. Serve syrup over warm French toast.