Baked Pudding with Lemon Raisin Sauce
10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened and divided
1 C of sugar, divided
1/2 C of heavy cream
1 large egg, beaten well
1 1/2 C of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C of milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon zest, grated
1 C of cold water
2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C of raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9 inch square baking pan.
2. Beat 8 tbsp of butter until fluffy then beat in 1/2 C sugar and the cream for 2 minutes then beat in the egg.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together then stir the flour, milk and vanilla into the butter.
4. Pour the pudding into the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
5. Bring the remaining sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and water to a boil and cook on low 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
6. Stir in the lemon juice, remaining butter, nutmeg and raisins then pour the sauce over the pudding.
If this looks like a lot of work, don't worry. It's really not as much as it looks. And, even if it is a bit complicated, the result is worth it! Enjoy1