* 1 c. chopped onion
* 1 c. chopped green pepper
* 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
* 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes with liquid, cut up
* 1 (4 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
* 1 (2 1/4 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
* 2 tsp. dried oregano
* 1 lb. hamburger, browned
* 12 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
* 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1/4 c. water
* 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
2. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and oregano.
3. Add ground beef.
4. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
5. Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
6. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1 c. cheddar cheese.
7. Repeat layers.
8. Mix soup and water until smooth; pour over casserole.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
10. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Six to 8 servings.
Rachel Paxton is a freelance writer and mom who is the author of What's for Dinner?, an e-cookbook containing more than 250 quick easy dinner ideas. For more recipes, organizing tips, home decorating, crafts, holiday hints, and more, visit Creative Homemaking at http://www.creativehomemaking.com.