Preheat your oven to 375F.
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a bowl and set aside.
2. Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl until creamy.
3. Then, stir in eggs, mashed banana, and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop the cookie batter by teaspoonfuls onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool the cookies for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
*Tip: When baking banana cookies try to use bananas that are very ripe. The bananas can even be a bit brown. These will give the cookies a sweeter taste, which means you can even use less sugar than recipe calls for.