* 2 bananas, mashed
* 1/2 C milk
* 3 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 TBSP margarine, room temperature
* 2 TBSP canola oil
* optional: 1/2 C confectionersĺ sugar
1. Place the mashed bananas into a mixing bowl.
2. Pour the milk over the bananas and mix.
3. Place the baking powder and salt into a sifter.
4. Sift into the mixture.
5. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
6. Blend in the butter well.
7. Place the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
8. Heat the oil to hot but not smoking.
9. Drop the batter into the hot oil.
10. Fry the batter until the edges set, about 3 minutes.
11. Turn over and continue frying 3 minutes or until a golden brown.
12. Drain on paper towel.
13. Optional: Dust with the confectioners' sugar just before serving.
This little banana fritter-like treat is very unique. It doesn't really fit any category of snack... it's not a fritter really, or a donut, or pancake. All I do know is that it's wonderfully tasty! It's good either with or without the confectioners sugar topping. Try it both ways, without for breakfast, and with for dessert. Enjoy!