Barbecue Biscuit Surprise
* 3/4 lb lean ground beef
* 1 C barbecue sauce
* 3 oz cheddar cheese, grated, divided (3/4 cup)
* 1/2 C green onions with tops, thinly sliced
* 1/2 C red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 garlic clove, pressed
* 1 pkg (17.3 ounces) grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
* 1 pkg (10.2 ounces) grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuit)
1. In skillet over medium-high heat brown ground beef.
2. Crumble meat into chunks.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Mix together 1/2 C cheese, green onions, pepper, garlic and 1/2 C of barbecue sauce.
6. Add beef and stir until all ingredients are mixed together well.
7. Take 12 of the biscuits and place on floured cutting board.
8. Flatten biscuits to approximately 6 in disk.
9. You may need to add extra flour to the cutting board for each biscuit.
10. Place meat mixture in the center of each biscuit.
11. Pull up the sides around mixture and pinch together at top.
12. Place pinched side down in a muffin tin not pressing down into muffin cup.
13. Continue with each biscuit until muffin tin is full.
14. Make a slit in each biscuit top.
15. Bake 25 minutes or until biscuit is lightly browned.
16. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of each muffin.
17. Serve with barbecue sauce.
Kids love food that's cute or funny-looking. That's why we draw faces on their sandwiches with carrots and olives and the like. These little muffin "meat pies" are a lot of fun. They also happen to be delicious. Be sure to include lots of cheese on top to make it even better.