* 1 can (15 1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
* 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
* 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 2 cups white rice
* 3 1/2 cups boiling water
* 1/2 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
* 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Combine the corn, beans, green chiles, onion, bell pepper, rice, water, orange juice concentrate, 1/4 cup of the lime juice, cumin and chili powder in crock pot.
2. Cook, covered, on low for 3 hours. Add remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, cilantro and salt. Stir and serve.
You've got a lot of flavors going on here! The first aroma you get when this dish starts simmering is the citrus. Then your nose starts to pick out the chili, cilantro, and cumin. When it's all over your senses are intrigued, and you are guaranteed a full, happy tummy!