* 1 lb ground beef
* 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 6 cups water, divided
* 2 large onions, chopped
* 3 ribs celery, sliced
* 1 cup wild rice, not cooked
* 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
* 3 cans cream of mushroom soup
* 4 oz can mushroom pieces, drained
1. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on the ground beef then brown in a large soup pot; drain fat. 2. Add 2 cups of the water, onions, celery, rice, bouillon, pepper and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat and simmer slowly for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the cream of mushroom soup, canned mushrooms and the rest of the water. Cover and simmer for another 1/2 hour.
Having a bag of wild rice in your pantry is both a blessing and a curse. Wild rice is such a valuable ingredient, that you want to find just the right recipe in which to use it, otherwise you'll feel cheated. This beefy and creamy soup is an excellent choice. The flavor is perfect for wild rice and the mushroom soup adds a nice flavor to the nutty rice. I like this hearty soup served as a main dish with a small green salad alongside. No one complains when they lift the lid on this pot of soup!