Best Chocolate Muffins
* 2 ripe bananas, mashed
* 1/3 C canola oil
* 2 egg whites
* 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
* 1 C sugar
* 1/4 C baking cocoa
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 C miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1. Place the mashed bananas into a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour the canola oil over the bananas.
3. Add the egg whites and stir the mixture very well making sure all the ingredients are completely combined.
4. In a different bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
5. If the dry ingredients do not look well combined after sifting use your hands to toss the ingredients together.
6. Carefully pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
7. Use a rubber spatula and stir from the bottom up to blend.
8. Just blend until all the dry ingredients are moist.
9. Gently stir in the chocolate chips being sure they are spread evenly in the batter.
10. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
11. Fill the cups of a muffin tin with paper liners or spray each cup with a non stick cooking spray.
12. Fill each muffin cup with the batter leaving enough room for the muffins to expand while baking.
13. Bake 20 minutes or until a golden brown on top and the muffin bounces back when pressed on top with a finger.
I don't know if you can ever go wrong by adding chocolate to your muffin recipe! This is a nice, moist dessert muffin that can also be served without too much guilt for breakfast. After all, it does have banana in it, too! Serve with a big glass of milk and enjoy.