* 1 lb ground beef
* 1 1/4 t chives, chopped
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/4 t pepper
* 1/4 t salt
* 18-20 large white button mushrooms
* 2 1/2 t horseradish, prepared
* 3/4 c dry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine beef, chives, horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper; mix.
3. Take caps off mushroom stems and fill them with meat mixture.
4. In a baking dish, place mushrooms so they are in a single layer.
5. Pour wine over mushrooms.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meat is browned.
There is no getting around the fact that these stuffed mushrooms are, how shall I say, HOT! If you love horseradish, you'll love these mushrooms. I have never liked those bland bread crumb stuffed mushrooms that you get at the restaurants. These mushrooms pack a punch. I've made them as a main dish as well as an hors d'oeuvre. They go over very well either way.