Blast of Peppermint Fudge
*1 1/2 tsp butter, softened
*1 (12 oz) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
*1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
*2 tsp vanilla extract
*1 C white chocolate chips
*3 tsp peppermint extract
*2 drops of red food coloring
1. Line foil into the bottom of square pan.
2. Butter the foil well.
3. Place the chocolate chips into a saucepan.
4. Pour in half the can of milk.
5. Place the pan over low heat.
6. Stirring continuously cook 5 minutes or until smooth.
7. Remove the pan from the heat.
8. Blend the vanilla into the mixture.
9. Continue stirring the mixture for 3 minutes or until creamy.
10. Spread half of the mixture into the prepared pan.
11. Put the white chips into another saucepan.
12. Pour in the remaining milk.
13. Cook 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly.
14. Remove from the heat.
15. Stir in the peppermint extract.
16. Stir in the food coloring.
17. Spread over the chocolate in the prepared pan.
18. Spread on the remaining chocolate mixture.
19. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Even though this recipe may seem like a lot of work, it really isn't. There are quite a few steps, but the actual recipe is simple. The results are well worth every step! Next time you're tempted to make microwave fudge, pull out this recipe instead. You'll thank me!