Boston Lettuce Wrapped Shrimp
*1 TBSP peanut oil
*1 lb large shrimp, shelled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
*2 medium celery stalks, finely chopped (1/2 C)
*1/4 C water chestnuts, chopped
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1 tsp finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
*1 TBSP Hoisin sauce
*1 TBSP soy sauce
*1 TBSP rice vinegar
*8 large Boston lettuce leaves
*Chopped roasted peanuts
1. Pour oil into wok and heat on medium.
2. Cook shrimp in hot oil approximately 3 minutes or until no longer translucent.
3. Remove shrimp to separate plate.
4. Add celery, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger to wok.
5. Cook until celery is slightly tender.
6. Add Hoisin sauce, soy sauce and vinegar to wok.
7. Replace shrimp and heat until completely heated through.
8. Place lettuce leaves on a plate.
9. Put shrimp in the middle of lettuce leaves.
10. Top with peanuts.
11. Roll lettuce up over the shrimp and peanuts.
12. Place seam side down on plate.
13. Cover with sauce.
If you stir fry a lot, you may like to try this recipe just to change things up a bit. The recipe is simple enough to throw together, but the finish is what makes it look and taste so special. You can truthfully use any kind of bigger lettuce leaf, but try to stick to the rest of the recipe as closely as possible because the results are fabulously tasty! Be sure also to give the peanuts a nice chop to release the flavor a bit more. Enjoy!