Breaded Marinara Chicken With Cheese Casserole
* 2 large eggs
* 2 C breadcrumbs
* 1/2 C sun dried tomatoes in oil
* Whole garlic cloves
* 1-1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
* 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
* 1 jar Marinara Sauce any brand
* 2 C shredded mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend
1. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Place eggs in a large bowl and beat well.
3. In a food processor or blender chop tomatoes until coarse.
4. Add breadcrumbs and garlic and process together.
5. Place chicken pieces, one at a time into the egg.
6. Roll in the tomato mixture.
7. In a cast iron skillet heat oil on medium heat.
8. Add chicken and cook 6 minutes.
9. Turn chicken and continue to cook 4 minutes more.
10. Preheat oven to 400 degrees,
11. Place skillet in the oven and bake chicken 8 minutes.
12. Pour the Marinara sauce over the top of the chicken.
13. Continue baking another 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
14. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
15. Return to the oven and cook until cheese is completely melted.
This is a great "company" dish because it looks like you cooked all day, when it really goes together pretty quickly. Use your favorite marinara sauce and you can't go wrong. The best part about this dish is the melted cheese on top. Be a little creative with that part, using a variety of cheeses blended together for different flavors and colors.