Breakfast In A Snap
* 1/2 lb. pork sausage
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 4 C (16 oz.) frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
* 1 1/2 C shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1 C milk
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Place a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the sausage and onion.
3. Cook until sausage is brown and onions are translucent.
4. Drain sausage well.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Prepare a casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
7. Layer potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish.
8. Place 1/2 C of cheese over the top of the potatoes.
9. Cover that with the sausage mixture.
10. Place the rest of the cheese over the top.
11. Mix together eggs, milk and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
12. Be sure to mix ingredients together well.
13. Pour that over the top.
14. Bake 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the casserole.
15. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.
If you've ever had a layered breakfast casserole at a church gathering or potluck, chances are you may have already tasted this recipe. Most folks like the quickest way to a full tummy in the morning, and using frozen hash brown potatoes is the easiest way I know to whip up a breakfast casserole in no time. The secret is using really good cheese and good sausage. The rest just falls into place without much effort, but it always tastes great!