* 4 slices hearty whole wheat bread
* butter, melted
* 1 cup watercress or arugula, coarsely chopped
* 2 tsp. olive oil
* dash salt and pepper
* 2 pears, washed, cored and sliced thinly
* 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1) Turn broiler on to preheat.
2) Brush butter on both sides of each piece of bread and place on broiler pan.
3) Put under preheated broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, then flip and broil another 1 to 2 minutes. Watch closely - you just want the bread to turn golden brown, then remove broiler pan from oven.
4) In bowl, combine the watercress or arugula with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss together.
5) Arrange the pear slices on top of each slice of bread, dividing up evenly, and divide the bleu cheese on top of the pear slices.
6) Put under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bleu cheese melts, then remove from oven.
7) Top each open-faced sandwich with the watercress or arugula mixture, and serve immediately.