Browned Zucchini Disks
* 4 oz. mushrooms, finely chopped
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 small zucchini, chopped
* 1 carrot, chopped
* 1 oz. unsalted peanuts
* 2 C fresh breadcrumbs
* 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
* 1 tsp. yeast extract
* Pepper to taste
* Oatmeal for shaping
* 2 TBSP canola oil
1. Place mushrooms in a large skillet over medium heat with no oil.
2. Cook stirring constantly for 8 minutes or until mushrooms start to tender.
3. Be careful not to burn the mushrooms.
4. In a blender add the onion, zucchini, carrots and nuts.
5. Blend on high speed until ingredients are just starting to blend together.
6. Remove mixture from blender and place in a large mixing bowl.
7. Add the mushrooms, breadcrumbs, parsley, yeast extract and the pepper.
8. Stir well to completely combine all ingredients together.
9. Add the oatmeal and mix it in very well.
10. Shape the oatmeal mixture into disks that are about 2 inches thick.
11. Use a large skillet over medium heat.
12. Add the canola oil and heat about 2 minutes.
13. Place the zucchini disks into the skillet.
14. Cook 10 minutes.
15. Flip and cook for another 8 minutes.
16. Disks will be light brown when done.
My family calls these disks but your family might call them patties. Either way, they are tasty! This is a nice option to get your kids to eat their veggies because the disks are nice and tasty and no one needs to know what's in them. Enjoy!