1. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
2. Break the egg into a separate bowl, add the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract and whisk until frothy.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
4. Heat a griddle over medium high heat.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle, cooking until bubbles appear on the surface.
6. Flip and cook until nicely browned.
Serves about 4 people.
Using oats, whole wheat, and buttermilk make these pancakes very nutritious... and delicious, too. You can stir in a few fresh berries before cooking or just serve some fruit or berries on top to complete this wholesome breakfast.