* 1 1/2 lbs green cabbage, shredded
* 1/2 cup white rice
* 6 carrots, sliced
* 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) chicken broth
* 1 cup water
* 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
* 1 1/2 tablespoons dried dill weed
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes (not drained)
1. Put in crock pot: cabbage, rice, carrots, chicken broth, water, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of the dill weed, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
3. Add tomatoes and 1/2 tablespoon dill weed. Stir well and serve.
When cabbage shows up in my local farmers market at around 40 cents a head, I'm scrambling looking for different things to make with it. At that price I'll feed it to the family in every casserole, soup, salad, and sandwich I can make! It also just happens to be very nutritious and figure friendly.