Caribbean Sun Marinaded Grilled Pork Chops
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup lemon juice
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
* 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
* 1 Tbsp canola oil
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp ground allspice
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 8 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1. Make marinade by combining all ingredients (except pork chops) in a blender or food processor and process until mixture is smooth.
2. Remove 1/2 cup of marinade and set aside in small bowl.
3. Put pork chops in shallow glass dish and pour marinade over, turning pork chops to coat well.
4.Cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator overnight.
5. When ready to grill, remove pork chops and discard marinade from dish pork chops were in.
6. Heat grill to medium heat. Arrange pork chops on grill and cook with grill lid on for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once during this time.
7. Baste when turning with the reserved marinade.
These pork chops are a real treat. They are spicy, sweet, and tender. The marinade is a perfect blend. Be sure to let the pork chops marinade overnight so it gets a chance to work its magic.
If you don't have an outdoor grill, you can arrange these on a hot grill or heavy skillet on your stovetop over medium heat. You could also put them under the broiler or oven bake them. No matter how you cook these pork chops, the flavor is incredible.