Carmel Apple Pancakes
* 32 soft caramels
* 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
* 1 C butter
* 2 Gala apples, peeled and diced fine
* 2 eggs
* 2 tbsp light brown sugar, packed firm
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 C all-purpose flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp salt
* optional: you can replace 1 cup of the all-purpose flour with 1 cup of whole wheat flour if you wish
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add caramels and evaporated milk.
2. Microwave on high 1 minute and then let sit in the microwave 1 minute.
3. Microwave on high for 1 minute longer.
4. Add the butter to the bowl.
5. Microwave 30 seconds on high.
6. Remove the bowl from microwave and stir contents of bowl until everything is blended well.
7. Add the apples to the microwaved ingredients in the bowl and mix together.
8. In a large separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
9. Pour the the caramel/apple mixture into the egg mixture.
10. In another bowl sift the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together.
11. Stir the caramel mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened.
12. Pour a little oil into a skillet over medium heat and allow the oil to heat up.
13. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the hot skillet.
14. Cook 2 minutes until bubbles begin to appear around the edges.
15. Turn pancakes over and cook 1 minute longer or until golden brown.
Oh, these pancakes are sweet and delicious. As a matter of fact, they taste more like dessert! You won't even want any syrup on the table.
Make these pancakes for a special breakfast like Christmas morning, Mother's Day, Father's Day, or the first day of school.