1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the basil, mustard, salt, pepper, vermouth or white wine, and lemon juice.
3. Smooth the mixture over the salmon, covering top and bottom, then arrange salmon fillets in a shallow baking pan or sheet, making sure you leave enough room between each one so they bake evenly.
4. Mix the melted butter and pecans together, then spoon even amounts over each fillet, spreading out slightly to cover the top of the fillets.
5. Put the salmon in the preheated oven and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked all the way through.
6. Remove and serve hot. You can cut the salmon fillets into smaller finger-food size and use the same recipe, just decrease the cooking time to about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on how small the pieces are.
Salmon is the perfect fish to impress guests with. It's pretty and tastes wonderful! This incredible sauce is so fancy and fresh, it really stands out. Then, the crunchy pecans add a wonderful touch, turning this salmon into a celebration.
Don't be afraid of cooking the salmon all the way through. Some people cook fish until it is still almost raw in the middle. Salmon is such a moist fish that you don't have to worry about it drying out. I prefer not to bite into raw salmon, so I let this go a bit longer than some may.
And do use the vermouth or wine in this recipe. It really adds a depth of flavor that makes the dish even more special and tasty.