Celery Pasta Soup
* 1 lg. head of celery, chopped
* 1 lg. onion, chopped
* 4 TBSP butter
* 8 C water
* 4 oz (1/4 lb box) vermicelli
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Melt the butter completely.
3. Add the onion and cook until slightly brown about 3 minutes.
4. Add the water.
5. Bring to a rapid boil.
6. Stir in the celery.
7. Add the salt and pepper.
8. Continue to boil until the celery becomes soft.
9. Drain the liquid into another large saucepan.
10. Bring liquid back to a rapid boil.
11. Add the vermicelli.
12. Boil until the vermicelli is as soft as you like.
13. Return the vegetables to the pot.
14. Cover and cook on low until ready to serve.