Cheesy Carrot & Onion Casserole
* 2 C sliced carrots
* 1 C diced onion
* 1/2 C diced celery
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 stick butter
* 3 Tbsp flour
* 2 C of milk
* 1/2 lb. processed cubed cheese
* 1 C buttered bread crumbs
1. Set the oven temperature at 375 degrees.
2. Spray a baking dish well with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Place the carrots and onions into a saucepan.
4. Add just enough water to the pan to cover the vegetables.
5. Sprinkle the salt and sugar into the water.
6. Place the pan over medium heat and bring the water to a boil.
7. Boil the vegetables 6 minutes or until tender.
8. Drain the vegetables well and return to the pan.
9. Add the butter to the vegetables and stir until the butter has completely melted.
10. Pour the milk into the pan.
11. Add the cheese and cook the mixture, stirring constantly until the cheese has completely melted.
12. Transfer the vegetables and sauce to the prepared baking dish.
13. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the bread crumbs.
14. Bake 30 minutes or until set.
The cheese makes this a kid-friendly side dish, but the onion makes it a grown up favorite. Actually, once the onion is cooked, your kids may not even notice them because the onions will be sweet... and covered in cheese! Enjoy!