1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease or spray oil in muffin tins, or line with paper muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, put milk, eggs, and butter and mix until blended.
3. In separate bowl, put quinoa meal, cornmeal, salt, pepper, baking powder, and basil, and mix well.
4. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix until just blended.
5. Fold in Cheddar cheese until combined well.
6. Fill 24 muffin cups with mixture and bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffs are light golden brown.
Note: Make quinoa meal by putting raw quinoa in your blender or food processor, and chopping until very fine. You could also use quinoa flour.
Since I found this new super-food, quinoa, I'm always looking for ways to incorporate it into my family's diet. I've already substituted quinoa for rice in several dishes, which is just fine, but I wanted more inventive ways to serve quinoa.
This is a very fun, kid-friendly snack that is easy to make and delicious. Of course, you can never go wrong with Cheddar cheese, so this snack is a winner in my house!