* 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
* 1 small avocado, diced
* 5 Tbsp chipotle pepper sauce, divided
* 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
* 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
* 8 large eggs
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 Tbsp butter (or half cooking oil and half butter)
* 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or Cheddar cheese
1. In a glass or plastic bowl, mix together the tomatoes, avocado, 3 tablespoons of the chipotle sauce, garlic, green onion, and cilantro in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce, water, and salt.
3. Heat butter/oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
4. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring only as egg sets up.
5. When eggs are almost set, add cheese and let melt, flipping a few times.
6. When eggs are completely set, spoon tomato mixture over and immediately slide off onto plates to serve.
This will feed 4 to 6 people.
You don't have to settle for plain old scrambled eggs anymore! This recipe is so delicious, flavorful, and nutritious, it really could be served for lunch or dinner just as well as breakfast.
Include toasted English muffins to round out the meal and serve even more people.