* 1 1/4 C of flour
* 1 C of almonds, ground fine
* 1 stick of butter, cut into pieces
* 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of sugar, divided
* 3 (15 oz.) cans of pitted cherries
* 2 tbsp apple juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the flour, ground almonds, and butter into a bowl and blend with a pastry cutter or a couple forks until crumbly.
3. Add the 1/4 cup of the sugar and toss with the forks until blended well; set aside.
4. In a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, combine the cherries, the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the apple juice, stirring gently.
5. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture on top evenly.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Add a dollop of whipped topping to each serving if desired. Will be enough for about 8 small dessert cups.