Chewy Goodness Granola Bars
* 1 cup brown sugar, packed
* 2/3 cup peanut butter
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 3 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup coconut
* 1/2 cup sunflower nuts
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/3 cup wheat germ
* 2 TBSP sesame seeds
* 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking oil.
3. In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, butter, and vanilla.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Turn mixture into your prepared pan and gently spread out and press down to even out.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bars are golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and cool in pan, then lift out, peel away the parchment paper and cut with sharp knife into snack size bars.
8. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator to keep longer.
Now THESE are tasty! They have all your favorite trail mix ingredients, but nice and chewy, too.
If you have small sandwich-style bags, cut the bars in a size to fit. Stick each bar into it's own bag, seal, and store in the refrigerator to have a grab-n-go snack ready for your hungry snackers. These bars are also perfect for breakfast.