Chicken Soup Chipotle Adobo Style
* 1 large sweet onion, diced
* 1 Tbsp cooking oil
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 2 cans (15 oz size) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
* 2 cans (14 oz size) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
* 3 cups frozen corn
* 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, removed from sauce, seeded and minced
* 2 tsp adobo sauce from chipotle pepper jar
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
* 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
* sour cream for garnish
1. In a Dutch oven on medium-low heat, saute onion in oil until onions become transparent.
2. Stir in garlic and cook for just 1/2 minute.
3. Now add the next 8 ingredients. Slowly bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat.
4. Simmer slowly, uncovered, for about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in your cut up chicken and let heat through.
5. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
6. Serve in big bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream. This recipe serves about 8 people.
There is nothing ordinary about this chicken soup recipe. You know how they say chicken soup cures the common cold? Well this recipe would not only cure your cold, it would knock out every germ within a ten mile radius!
Yes, this chicken soup is hot and spicy, but the corn, tomatoes, and cilantro help deepen the flavors, even sweeten the flavors, so you aren't left with just 'hot' to describe this dish. Enjoy!