* 6 red potatoes, quartered
* 4 carrots, sliced into 1/2" chunks
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
* 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
* 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
* 1 garlic clove, minced
1. In a bowl, mix the soups with the garlic.
2. Put potatoes and carrots in crock pot. Then the chicken. Then pour the soups over all.
3. Cook, covered, on low about 8 hours.
When the garden's ready to harvest, and you're digging potatoes and pulling carrots, you've got to have an arsenal of recipes at the ready. Big, beefy soups and stews are great when you have the time and want to hunker down for a long, winter's nap. When I want to eat a little lighter, but still enjoy the flavor of a hearty stew, I choose chicken to go along with my vegetables. This meal certainly fits the bill for a warm and welcoming plate of food after the harvest.