* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 lbs ground beef
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
* 2 large garlic cloves, minced
* 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) tomatoes, not drained
* 1/4 cup chili powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 2 cans (15 1/4 oz each) red kidney beans, not drained
1. Heat oil in a 5 qt saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onions, green pepper and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer for one hour, covered. Stir occasionally.
3. Add the beans and cook until heated through.