1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place ribs, meaty-side up, in large roasting pan.
3. Sprinkle with salt. Brush with 2 tablespoons of chipotle sauce.
4. Bake 30 minutes in preheated oven.
5. Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup chipotle pepper sauce, ketchup, and Dijon mustard. Separate into two containers, reserving 1/2 cup of sauce mixture for serving with hot ribs.
6. After ribs have baked for 30 minutes, remove from oven and brush with sauce, then slide back in oven and continue baking for 1 hour.
7. Open oven and baste with more sauce occasionally, and flip ribs several times.
8. If grilling, preheat grill to high and put ribs on grilling pan.
9. Place ribs on hot grill with meat side up.
10. Grill 5 minutes, turn, grill 5 more minutes, brushing with sauce before flipping both times.
11. If you are not grilling, set ribs under broiler on high (or on grill pan on top of stove) and cook 5 minutes, turn, grill 5 more minutes, brushing with sauce before flipping both times.
12. Heat reserved sauce in separate pan and serve as a dipping sauce with the ribs.
Rather than grab the same old barbecue sauce you always use on your ribs, try this delightful blend of flavors. With only 3 ingredients, you have a sauce that tastes like you've been chopping and simmering all day.
Of course, you can use the sauce you make with a variety of meats. If you don't care for short ribs, choose a cut you like. Grilled chicken also tastes great with this sauce. We like chicken thighs because they stay moist and are more flavorful than chicken breast meat - and they're cheaper! Enjoy!