Chocolate Cherry Pecan Drop Cookies
*4 egg whites
*2 1/2 C sweetened shredded coconut
*1/4 C sugar
*2 tsp. vanilla extract
*1/8 tsp. salt
*1/4 C dried cherries, chopped
*2/3 C toasted pecans, chopped
*1/3 C chocolate chips
1. Fill a large skillet 2/3 full of water and place on the stove over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2. Put the egg whites into a stainless steel bowl. Add coconut, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
3. Place the bowl into the simmering water bath.
4. Stirring constantly from the bottom up simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
5. The egg whites should thicken and have an opaque color.
6. Remove the bowl from the skillet.
7. Fold in the cherries.
8. Allow the mixture to set until cooled to about room temperature.
9. Place the oven temperature to 325 degrees while the mixture cools.
10. Cover a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
11. Fold the pecans and chocolate chips into the cooled mixture.
12. Drop the mixture by rounded spoonfuls onto the parchment paper.
13. Bake 14 minutes or until a light brown.
There are a lot of flavors going on in this one little drop cookie! If you can't decide which you like more - coconut, cherries, pecans, or chocolate - you don't have to decide. Here it all is!