Chocolate Pecan Dessert Tortillas
* 6 (8 in) flour tortillas
* 7 TBSP butter, melted and divided
* 6 TBSP sugar, divided
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
* 1/3 C brown sugar
* 1 (1 oz) square unsweetened chocolate, broken into pieces
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 C pecans, chopped
1. The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees.
2. Brush both sides of each tortilla with 4 TBSP of the melted butter.
3. In a small bowl mix the cinnamon and 2 TBSP of sugar.
4. Sprinkle the mixture over one side of each of the tortillas.
5. With the cinnamon sugar side up stack the tortillas and cut into wedges.
6. On an ungreased cookie sheet lay the wedges in a single layer,
7. Bake until crispy about 10 minutes.
8. After removing from the oven set aside to cool slightly.
9. Over medium heat in a saucepan mix together the whipping cream and brown sugar.
10. Add the remaining 4 TBSP of sugar.
11. Fold in the remaining 3 T of melted butter.
12. This mixture should be brought to a brisk boil while stirring continuously.
13. Cook until the mixture begins to thicken about 5 minutes.
14. Take the saucepan from the heat and quickly stir in the chocolate.
15. Mix in the vanilla and stir until the mixture is smooth.
16. Put half the tortillas wedges on a large platter
17. Trickle half the chocolate mixture over the tortilla wedges.
18. Over the top of the chocolate sprinkle half the pecans.
19. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients have been used.
This is the perfect late night dessert for a sleep over party. It's fancier than cookies and not traditional like cake. A house full of youngsters will definitely feel special when you bring in a platter of these "nachos"! Unexpected to say the least!