Christmas Season Sugar Mints
*1 stick butter
*1/4 C whipping cream
*1/4 tsp peppermint flavoring
*1/4 tsp butter flavoring
*5 C powdered sugar
*Red food coloring
*Green food coloring
* candy mold (craft stores)
1. Put the stick of butter into a saucepan.
2. Pour the whipping cream over the butter.
3. Position the pan over medium heat on the stove.
4. Bring the mixture to a full boil.
5. Take the pan from the heat.
6. Add in the peppermint flavoring.
7. Add in the butter flavoring.
8. Stir well to incorporate the flavorings.
9. Put the powdered sugar into a sifter.
10. Sift it into the mixture slowly stirring as you add it.
11. Divide the mixture between 2 bowls.
12. Tint one bowl with red food coloring and stir.
13. Tint the other bowl with the green food coloring and stir.
14. Press the mixture into a Christmas mold.
15. When the mints are set just pop them out of the mold.
This is a fun treat to make with kids. They are very colorful and if you choose candy molds in Holiday shapes, it's becomes even more of a special event. Pile some of these cute little mints up on a pretty tray and watch them disappear! You won't be able to resist.