Cinnamon Apple Crisps
*2 pieces of pita breads
*1/4 C butter, melted
*3 TBSP sugar
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1/2 C creamy peanut butter
*1/4 C milk
*1 TBSP honey
*1 apple, chopped
*1 banana, peeled, cut in half and sliced
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the pita bread in half.
3. Cut them in half again to make 8 triangles.
4. Brush each triangle with the melted butter.
5. Place the sugar in a small bowl.
6. Add the cinnamon and toss.
7. Sprinkle the mixture over the buttered triangles.
8. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with a non stick cooking spray.
9. Bake 5 minutes or until light brown and slightly crispy.
10. Place the peanut butter in a small saucepan.
11. Position the pan over medium low heat.
12. Pour the milk into the saucepan.
13. Add the honey and stir to combine.
14. Cook 5 minutes, stirring continuously until smooth.
15. Drizzle the mixture over the baked pita.
16. Top with the apple and the banana just before serving.
It's nice to treat the kids to a snack that they like, and that's good for them, too. It's hard to convince most kids to sit down to a plate of vegetables to snack on, so we do what we can. The more snacks that include peanut butter, apples, and banana, the more often my kids are eating right. The cinnamon just keeps them coming back for more!