1. Set the oven temperature to 400 degrees and allow preheating.
2. Spray a mini muffin tin with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Sift together the flour, 1/2 C sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
4. In a separate bowl, place the egg and pour in the milk and oil, stirring slightly to incorporate.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, stirring just long enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
6. Fill each mini muffin cup with the prepared batter.
7. Bake 7-8 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
8. While muffins are cooking, in a small bowl, place 2 TBSP of sugar and add the cinnamon and mix well to combine.
9. Melt your margarine.
10. When muffins are done, remove the muffins from the oven and brush the tops of each muffin with the melted margarine.
11. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over each muffin.
My grandkids have inherited the love of cinnamon toast from me. Morning, noon or night, cinnamon toast was the treat of choice in my house. It only seems fair to give muffins the opportunity to move up the ladder to favorite treat status. The added spices of this muffin helped to make these our new favorite. I think they'll be yours, too!